I plan to take a series of photographs that form a social commentary on how people are living today.
I will be taking pictures of people in the UK towns displaying the social and ethnic classes, upper, middle, and lower class.
I will focus on their life style, housing and habits, clothing, jewellery and accessories. The photographs will be colour initially, I may convert the images to B&W if they have more impact and produce a more powerful image as B&W photographs.
I want to show how people from different classes mimic each other, and all very similar.
Planned shots include:
- shots of the outside of their houses.
- standing in family groups near the entrance of their house or next to their car.
- full length portrait shots to show their ‘everyday’ clothes and jewellery
- socialising eating out at a restaurant or pub
- I would like to select 2 families from each social class, one family of UK ethnic background, and second family of UK white background.
For the shots from a height I could have tried to introduce a sense of movement, to mirror the act of falling or the feelings that you are about to fall.
Equipment I will require.
- Agreement contract to photograph and publish pictures (especially if children are to be included in family shots)
- Pemission agreements to photograph inside restaurant or pub from owners
- An assistant to help set-up and transport equipment
- Digital SLR
- SD Memory cards
- Flash and flash slave units on tripods.
- All clothing, make-up, etc to be provided by subjects